When the Ohio Casino Control Commission issues licenses for sports betting operators later this year, it’s close to a guarantee that the name DraftKings Ohio will be among the names mentioned.
DraftKings sportsbook is one of the top sports betting apps in the United States, and it’s consistently lauded for its easy-to-use interface, live betting, and great promotions.
Approved in 2021, Ohio sports betting will launch on Jan. 1, 2023, following the licensing and background check period by the OCCC and state authorities. So far, a handful of sports betting operators, including DraftKings, have applied to do business in the state, which is expected to be one of the largest markets in the U.S.
DraftKings Ohio Promo Code: What to Expect
Keep in mind this when deciding when to register for a DraftKings Ohio account:
- Signup bonuses begin before the launch date: Be alert for when bonuses are offered. Sportsbooks are allowed to accept registrations for a period leading up to launch day.
- Bet $5 to Win $150 in free bets: This popular promo from DK has been in place for some time. It comes and goes, and it’s probable that something like it will be available in the Buckeye State on Jan. 1, 2023, when the market switches on.
- Up to $1,050 free: While the above offer is available periodically, DraftKings’ ongoing promo gives new customers a $50 free bet in addition to a 20% deposit match up to $1,000.
- You may be eligible for multiple offers: In some cases, sportsbooks have supported pre-launch offers for users who sign up before launch day and then advertised another bonus or promo once the app launches. Read the fine print to see what you can get, or let us help you here at Ohio Sharp.
- Use more than one sportsbook: Especially when starting your betting experience after your state launches a market, you should test the waters and try different platforms. Take advantage of all the offers and let the sportsbooks wine and dine you. Load DraftKings Ohio onto your phone, register, and get used to the app. Make a wager, and see how you like it. The top-rated app will probably soon become your favorite.
On the horizon: Ohio sports betting legal rules foreshadow coming change
How DraftKings Ohio Will be Different Than Other Sportsbooks
What sets DraftKings apart is its bettor-friendly promos and offers. In some states, DraftKings has provided both a 20% Deposit Match AND a risk-free bet. The deposit match can go as high as $1,000. That’s $1,000 in free betting credits with no risk to the money you deposit.
Astute observers will note that DraftKings usually has more prop bets available, and the sportsbook also has a deeper offering of international sports leagues. Where you may not find some international tennis events elsewhere, for example, DraftKings usually has those covered with odds.
A recent count of same-game parlay options between DraftKings, FanDuel, and Ceasars, showed that DraftKings had 9% more parlay options for a given Monday of sports betting in five sports: baseball, tennis, hockey, and golf.
Tax revenue is coming: How much money Ohio sports betting could generate for the state
DraftKings Ohio Will be Major Brand in the State
Ohio will mark the 18th state for DraftKings sports betting app, more than any other operator in the industry. Only FanDuel has a larger market share nationally based on total sports betting handle, but as of December 2021, DraftKings had a larger share of online betting users with 51%.
DraftKings is known for its amazing app experience and commitment to features and integration with stats that assist in live betting action. DraftKings offers many sports, from the most popular to table tennis, cornhole, and even billiards and professional dart leagues. Users are never at a loss for competitions to wager on.
It’s unclear whether DraftKings will apply for a Type-B license, which would enable it to have a retail sportsbook. In a few other states, DraftKings has opened branded retail sportsbooks or betting lounges that enable customers to log on to the DK app while relaxing in front of multiple large-screen TVs and enjoying food and drinks.